My name is Teng Huang. I am a PhD candidate in the Department of Operations and Information Management at the University of Connecticut School of Business. My dissertation is on integrating predictive modeling with optimization and I am expecting to graduate in spring 2020.
News and Upcoming Events:
- I am selected as the second runner-up (third place) for the Graduate Student Intern of the Year Award (University of Connecticut) for my experience at Mitsubishi Electric Research Lab from January 28 to April 19 in 2019. [January 28, 2020]
- I worked with Dr. Arvind Raghunathan and Dr. Thiago Serra.
- The work we completed during my internship, a paper titled "Template-based Minor Embedding for Adiabatic Quantum Optimization" is currently under minor revision at INFORMS Journal on Computing.
- Our abstract titled "JANOS: An Integrated Predictive and Prescriptive ModelingFramework", has been accepted for presentation at the 2020 POMS Annual Conference. The meeting runs from April 23 to April 27, 2020, at Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A. [January 23, 2020]
- Our submission titled, JANOS : An Integrated Predictive and Prescriptive Modeling Framework, has been accepted for poster slam presentation during a poster session at the 2020 Winter Conference on Business Analytics, to be held from March 12 – March 14, 2020 at Snowbird, Utah. [December 29, 2019]
- Our submission titled, Data-Driven Optimization for Team Formation, has been accepted for poster slam presentation during a poster session at the 2020 Winter Conference on Business Analytics, to be held from March 12 – March 14, 2020 at Snowbird, Utah. [December 29, 2019]
- We put the manuscript of JANOS: An Integrated Predictive and Prescriptive Modeling Framework on arXiv.org. Here is the link. [November 21, 2019]
* Please visit this page for past events.
- Ph.D., Operations and Information Management, University of Connecticut, expected 2020
- Master, Information Science, Sun Yat-Sen University, 2013
- Bachelor, Information Management and Information Systems, Sun Yat-Sen University, 2011
- Double major in Archaeology
- Data-driven Optimization, Business Analytics, Machine Learning, Automated Decision Making, Quantum Optimization